Support, assistance and advice to improve your financial health
Our Association coopérative d’économie familiale (ACEF) du Sud-Ouest de Montréal provides assistance with budgeting and debt management, as well as advocates for consumer rights.
- We’re a not-for-profit organization.
- We’re consumer rights advocates.
- We offer free or low-cost activities and consultations related to personal finances.
- We promote a critical analysis of the place and role of the citizen consumer in a consumer society.
- – Our top priority is to help you take control of your personal finances.
Our services are confidential and personalized. Our advice is neutral: we’re not selling you a product.
We support you in developing sound budget management. Financial health is about more than just money. Our goal is to empower the people we support!
Forty-eight percent of all Canadians report experiencing insomnia due to financial worries. Financial well-being is one of the three pillars of good health. Money is the greatest source of stress for many Canadians—more than work, personal health and relationships.
Do you need help?
SRest assured—our process is easy!When you contact us, our representative will listen to your judgment free and assess your situation. Together, you will identify the plan best suited to your needs. Whether you need help handling an unforeseen expense, getting out of debt, moving into an apartment or even undertaking a personal project, our door is always open. We can help.
So many good reasons to get in touch!
- You’re looking for solutions to your debt problems
- You’re having trouble paying your Hydro-Québec bills
- You have questions about how to access banking and financial services
- You’re being harassed by creditors
- You’re unable to repay your debts
- You want greater control over your money
- You want an effective budget planning method
Learn about the training we offer
Free or low-cost training to help you take control of your personal finances, gain financial knowledge and find possible solutions for various financial issues.
Not-for-profit and other organizations
We can even support your organization! We offer training tailored to your needs on the topics of debt, budgeting and credit.
Thank you to the Secrétariat à l’action communautaire autonome et aux initiatives sociales, the ministère de la Justice du Québec and to l'Office de la protection des consommateurs for their support.